January equals the mid-point of your school year. NOW is the time to review your MID YEAR CHECKLIST.
This is an exciting but busy time for you.
1. Meet with your high school counselor
- Review PSAT scores with counselor and parents (if you took it in the fall)
- Ask for recommendations for summer programs
- Schedule next year’s courses
- Schedule your standardized tests for spring
- Discuss any school based standardized testing (AP, IB, other)
2. Gear up for next year
- Explore summer programs
- Prepare for spring standardized tests using PSAT test scores as a guide
- Ask teachers about their recommendation policies (for summer programs, scholarships, or college applications)
- Job shadow or intern to learn more about potential careers
- Plan college visits