It’s the start of a new year and a new decade (possibly – there’s debate about that). However, there’s no denying that January 1, 2020 is an opportunity to take on new challenges. Start the New Year with these resolutions:
- Use your phone for something more than social media! Get organized in 2020 by trying a new app or two. Apps like My Study Life, Todait, TinyCards, and Forest – will all help you organize your schedule and study smarter. Here’s another list of the best apps for high school students.
- Learn about yourself. Take a personality or learning styles survey. Find free online or ask your counselor for links to surveys.
- Use social media responsibly. Does it pass the “parent” test? If it isn’t something you would want your parent to see- don’t post it.
- Pick up a book! Make an effort to read a novel each month, or at minimum try reading one long-form journalism piece each week. Reading will improve your vocabulary and make you a better writer.
- Make someone smile. Find ways to bring happiness into someone’s life each day.
Happy New Year from the GuidedPath team.