Summertime! Dreaming of sleeping in, hanging out with friends and producing YouTube videos? Time is precious! Plan now to use your summer time to explore careers, build upon your extra-curricular experiences, learn new skills or have new experiences. Here are some summer ideas.
- Take up a new form of exercise (swimming, biking, running, etc.).
- Volunteer to help in a political campaign.
- Take a college class.
- Do a job shadow.
- Explore your creative side through a class or project.
- Take a first aid class.
- Volunteer at a children’s summer camp.
- Take a class at the local arts center or theater group.
- Volunteer to coach or be an assistant coach for a sport.
- Do an internship.
- Take a study skills class.
- Take a speed reading class.
- Learn how to take notes.
- Take a computer skills or keyboarding class.
- Do a summer exchange program.
- Start a business.
- Participate in a simulation program like Mock Trial or Model United Nations.
- Do a language immersion program.
- Do a trek.
- Teach a new skill to children or senior citizens.
- Organize a family reunion.
- Volunteer at a community event.
- Write articles for your local newspaper.
- Volunteer for the city or other parks in your community.
- Write a family history.
- Create and publish a photo book.
- Organize and create a mural in your community.
- Organize a local youth event.
- Write and produce a video to support local conservation.
- Start a blog on a topic you care about.
Summer will fly by quickly – make a plan now to explore some of these options!
Be sure to add your activities to your course plan in GuidedPath.