Many colleges use activities to understand you more as a person. You can use GuidedPath to create your activity list.
- Make a master list of all your activities in high school, starting with 9th grade.
- Write down everything – you can prioritize later.
- Ask parents and friends for input. They will remember something you forgot.
- Be sure to include one time events, like a blood drive or fund-raising event.
- List hobbies and other ways you spend your time – like babysitting, cooking, music, sports, reading. They don’t need to be organized activities.
Complete the Activity Record under Surveys in GuidedPath and keep it updated. You can give it to teachers and counselors when they write your recommendations. It will help them write a better recommendation for you. It will also be useful when you are completing the Activities section on the Common Application.