You are on your way! You’ve got your college list finalized, common app essay completed, recommendations requested, and with applications around the corner you’ll soon be finished the college application process. These 5 tips will help you stay organized and on track.
- Set up Application Plans. Know what is needed to make a complete application at each college you are applying to. Recommendations? Transcripts? Essays? Make a list to keep track of requirements for each school.
- Check Application Deadlines. Early Action, Early Decision or Priority Deadline? Record the application deadline the you are using for each school on your calendar. Don’t forget – you can only apply to one school as an Early Decision applicant.
- Follow Directions and Proofread. It sounds simple but carefully check the directions for each application. You don’t want to put credit card information in the section meant for international student visas! Double check your applications for accuracy and make a good impression by avoiding careless mistakes.
- Don’t Wait Until the Last Minute. Although you have the deadlines recorded on your calendar, don’t wait until the night before to hit the submit button. Computers can crash, you could catch a cold, you might also have a test or school assignment due. Don’t let outside circumstances affect your college applications. Submitting your applications early will be a weight off your shoulders.
- Follow Up. Check in with the college (either through your student portal account or by email or phone) to be sure all your application materials have been received. And check in with your advisor or teachers to know that your recommendations have been submitted (if required). Don’t be caught off guard by a missing test score, or recommendation.
Use the application dashboard in GuidedPath for a “summary view” of your applications and status. Never miss a deadline! Keep track of your college application deadlines on your Calendar!