The 2015-16 College Application season officially launches on August 1,2015. This has become an initiation rite for seniors! Don’t get left behind. Take time now to prepare and get your application launched. Starting the Common Application is like going to a baseball game; you can get it started, and it will roll along for a long time. Give yourself time to work on the Common Application over time by quick starting in August.
GuidedPath Edge has you covered! Each week for the next 4 weeks, we will give you quick start tips. Follow these tips and you will have a stress free quick start to your senior year.
Quick Start Tip 1: Get prepped!
- Prep Yourself: Gather all your personal information in one place. You will need it for all applications. Enter into your profile in GuidedPath Edge. Then it becomes easy to cut and paste into the Common App.
- Prep Parents: Ask your parents for all their information. Where do they work? What contacts numbers do they want you to use? Gather all this now to save lots of texting to parents later. Invite parents to set up profiles in Edge. Use Additional Information in GP Edge to record their information.
- Prep Teachers: Decide which teachers you want to invite to do recommendations for you. Get their email address ready. This will make sending invitations from the Common Application a snap. Create a private note in your Edge account titled “College Recommendations”. List each person
- Prep Counselor: Check in with your counselor. Ask for contact information: name, title, phone number, email address to be used on the Common App. Add your counselor as a connection in Edge, and record all this information. This gives you an added bonus of inviting your counselor to use Edge with you!
- Prep Others: Include people that know you from the community. Athletic coaches, student body advisors, youth leaders, or anyone at school or in your community that can share good things about you can be a potential recommender. Get their contact information. Add this information to your “College Recommendations” private note in Edge.
Next week: Got Activities? Quick start tips.