You are almost there! What are your next steps?
- Finish Strong! Strive to get your best grades this semester. All college acceptances are CONDITIONAL. They are based on the expectation you will finish strong. If you do not, your admissions offer can be rescinded.
- Plan your room and board. Complete the forms to request a dorm, select a meal plan and make a housing deposit. Do this as early as you can.
- Schedule Placement Tests. Many colleges require you to take a Math and/or an English placement test. Find out the requirements and get it scheduled. Sometimes your SAT or ACT scores will count, and you will not need to take the test. If you have questions about placement test requirements, contact the college.
- Calendar in New Student Orientation. Is the New Student orientation in the summer? Or just before you start school? Don’t miss it! You will need it, and your parents will too!
- Plan for Graduation. Plan to make this a memorable and safe graduation celebration. Tell family and friends what you need for college: books, computer, dorm room gear, other for graduation presents.
- Say Thank You. Tell teachers, counselor, coaches and others that have helped you, “Thank you”. Give special thanks and appreciation to parents and family for support.
- Make Summer Meaningful. Plan to work, do community service, improve study skills or other meaningful things over the summer. Plan to have enough money ($1000- $1500) when you start college in the fall.
- Get your shots. You need to have meningitis shots up to date before you enroll in college.
Use GuidedPath to record all your college admissions. Turn each of the checklist items into a task in GuidedPath.