|Oct. 1, 2015
|Jan. 1, 2016
What is the CSS Profile? The College Scholarship Service (CSS) Financial Aid PROFILE is an online application which collects financial information used by many colleges and scholarship programs to award financial aid or scholarships.
Who Uses the CSS Profile? Many private colleges, scholarship programs and some public colleges require the Profile. Check the list of colleges and programs
What money is covered by the Profile? This is financial aid from sources managed by the college itself. It does not include financial aid money from the federal government.
Is this the only form I should complete? No. You should also fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
What financial aid can I apply for using the FAFSA? You can use the FAFSA to apply for all federal financial aid, including Pell Grants, work-study and student loans.
Do I need to fill out a state form too? Maybe. Check with your school counselor. Many states use the FAFSA to check for your eligibility for the state grant.
What is the deadline for filing the Profile? The PROFILE may be filed any time after October 1. The colleges typically want the profile completed at least two weeks before posted “priority” filing deadlines.
What information do I need to fill out financial aid forms? It depends on the form:
- The PROFILE and FAFSA can be completed with estimates of income and expenses for 2015.
- The PROFILE can be completed with parent/student tax information from 2013 & 2014.
Where can I learn more? Check out these websites for more information.
- GuidedPath Blog: Applying for Financial Aid
- College Board Profile
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
GuidedPath has you covered! Learn which colleges on your list require the Profile, and what their deadlines are.
- Log into your GuidedPath account.
- Click on Reports in the left column.
- Select Financial Aid Form Report.
- View Financial Aid forms (both FAFSA and the Profile) required.
- View Priority and Closing Dates for each form.
- View other financial aid data required (if any) for schools on your college lists!
Can I see all the colleges which require the Profile in Edge? YES! There is a “CSS Profile Required” list updated and ready for you in the Guided Search section.
- From your dashboard, click on Colleges in the top menu bar.
- Select Guided Search from the drop down menu.
- Click on the Financial Aid Tab in the list of options
- Go to the last dropdown list, Financial Tagged Lists.
- Scroll to the bottom. Select the checkbox next to CSS Profile Required and click Search.