You are signed up and ready to take the ACT or SAT test! Here are 5 test day tips to help you ace the test by starting off on the right foot. Have everything you need ready when you leave to take your test on a Saturday morning.
5 Test Day Tips
1) Get a good night’s rest Friday night. Make sure your brain is rested and alert before you take the test. Go to bed early so you can get enough sleep to perform your best.
2) Fuel yourself with a good breakfast. Make sure to include protein (eggs, yogurt, cheese, peanut butter). You will be testing for over 3 hours so you need a breakfast that can sustain you.
3) Perform the 48-hour Essentials check. Gather all the essential items to bring with you to the test in one place 2 days in advance.
- Admission Ticket. Required a printed copy of your admissions ticket.
- Photo ID. Driver’s license or passport. Check for other ID types accepted at SAT or ACT.
- #2 pencils with soft erasers: 2 or 3.
- Acceptable calculators. See the SAT calculator policy. Your phone cannot be used as a calculator.
4) Organize back-up supplies. Pack your backpack with backup essentials:
- Protein or energy bar
- Watch (you CAN NOT use your phone during the test to keep time)
- Extra batteries for your calculator.
- Cell phone
- Ipad, Ipod, etc.
- Separate timers
- Any device capable of recording, texting or taking a pictures
- Bad Attitude – stay positive and you’ll be less anxious.
Enter your test schedule in GuidedPath to stay on track. We will remind you of the test registration deadline and the test day. Test day reminders are sent the week of the test giving you time to follow the 5 Test Day Preparation tips.